In case you haven’t noticed, we all seem to be very good at knowing exactly what we don’t want out of life. Have you ever thought what would happen if you started giving what you DO want a little attention?
When is the last time you truly took a moment to feel out the true essence of what you want in your life. They say that what we focus on expands, so how about developing your knowledge in what makes your heart smile.
Here’s a little exercise below that will help you take a step towards gaining direction in the steps you want to take towards a future you create.
What to do:
- Take a few minutes to study and reflect on the words in the words on the image cloud below.
- Sit, or lay comfortably with your eyes closed and your palms up. Take a few deep core breaths, expanding your diaphragm on your inhalation, and allowing your tension to be released on the exhalation. Make a little agreement with yourself that you will allow yourself to daydream.
- Open your eyes, and look at the words again. Notice any words that resonate with, or pop out at you. Write them down in your notebook, or where you will be able to check them later.
- Is there anything you see that you desire to add for yourself? More than one is possible. Write down all qualities you want to incorporate into your life. Write down anything you want more of. Write down any word you want, or need that might be missing from the image.
- Now take a moment to go through your words, use the scale below to ponder:
- Where you would rank yourself as you live your life today?
- Where you want to be on the scale?
- What is needed to bring more of these feminine aspects into your life?
Tip: For fun you can create a giant scale here too, using two walls as each end of a scale. It hits you kinaesthetically too, if you physically do it – this helps with integrating your understanding of where you are into your system.
1.____ ____ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
2.____ ____ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
3.____ ____ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Don’t filter yourself. Get out your discoveries, surprises, and desires. If you know why you want more of it, write that down too! Have fun and share your experiences with me here: @itsladylicious.
This exercise belongs to the Flow Your Life! Guide book. Contact me here to order the book for more blissful self-exploration.
© Juel McNeilly
Featured Blog Photo: Leonards Hairdressers by Philip Townsend.
Get your groove on and sign up for the next Dance it out class!
COME GET YOUR FREE SAMPLE OF OWN YOUR LIFE! GUIDE
PLUS MY E-ZINE FULL OF LADYLICIOUSNESS TIPS AT WWW.LADYLICIOUSNESS.COM
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER, BLOG OR WEBSITE? No problem! As long as you include this information with it: Juel McNeilly supports dynamic, professional women re-connect and get back into themselves. Come get your free sample of Own Your Life! Guide at www.ladyliciousness.com